On this page we bring together our most important reports, statements and briefings and links to other relevant reports.
Click the links to open the PDF document.
- This briefing (updated July, 2021) refutes the spurious arguments that GMPF uses to argue against divesting its enormous fossil fuel holdings.
- Fossil Fuel Divestment Slides, and Fiduciary duty 1st July 2020, from a national webinar for councillors, July 2020.
- Briefing for GM councillors on GMPF response to calls to divest from fossil fuels (January, 2020). This briefing demolishes each of the arguments used by GMPF to justify its continued holding of investments in climate-damaging fossil fuel firms.
- Why the Greater Manchester Pension Fund urgently needs to divest from fossil fuels (October, 2019) A one page (2-sides) briefing.
- Pension Fund Employers’ Briefing (Fossil Free GM, October 2018).
- Risky business: Local government pension funds and the climate crisis: How Local Government Pension Funds are failing to protect themselves from the financial risks of climate change. (Friends of the Earth, Friends of the Earth Scotland & Platform, November 2018).
- Appendix to Risky Business: This appendix about the Greater Manchester Pension Fund commends the Fund for recognising climate risk but finds its strategy vague and its engagement practice is “without clear goals, deadlines or escalation strategies”. It concludes “the fund is strong on low-carbon investing, however this is countered by continued high investments in fossil fuel companies.”
- Greater Manchester Pension Fund starts on the path to fossil fuel divestment: But there is still a long way to go: Our full response to GMPF’s 14 page letter in response to our campaign (Fossil Free GM, March 2018).
- Which companies are worst? Analysis of GMPF fossil fuel company holdings (Fossil Free GM, September 2017)
- Response to GMPF’s Investment Strategy Statement (Fossil Free GM, November 2017)
- Response to the AODP 30th place rating of GMPF in 2016 (Fossil Free GM, May 2016)